Life, People, and Memories.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

An iPod Classroom
Journal Entry Question #2

I think that I would learn well using an iPod, because hearing seminars live might not help me as much. If I can watch and listen to the seminars on the iPod and I can understand more, since I get rewind it and put it on playback. If I were to go listen to seminars live, the instructor might talk too fast, so I might miss several things. If I missed the things during the seminar, I have to go to another seminar and listen again. Or I have to go to the instructor/teacher who taught the seminar and ask him/her directly.

While listening to the really long seminars, I tend to get tired easily. With my iPod I can take breaks so I don't have to work all the time. Using the iPod I can easily listen to music, and stop listening to the seminar and take a small break. That is another way I think I can utilize the iPod so I can learn and have fun.

If Mary Ward would embrace such technology, there are many beneficial factors in it. One advantage is that students can choose when to start on a certain subject whenever you feel like it. Some may want to fast-track and do it as quickly as possible, without waiting for other students. Another advantage that people might have is that they can do it wherever they want. For example they can just bring their iPods to the bus and do some homework there, go to the library and work there, etc...

I think that some disadvantages that students might procrastinate and stop working on it. They might leave it off until May-June and start rushing. Also they will fall behind and not be able finish their courses on time. Students might not be able to concentrate since it is an iPod after all, they might not want to work. Instead they want to listen to their music.

I do think that sometimes I might procrastinate and end up, listening with my iPod a lot more than working. As the result I would prefer using an iPod for my seminars because sometimes I might not be able to get some of the things that the teacher talks about. So if I had my iPod, I can listen to the seminar over again. There I can learn faster, and in a quicker time than most people who go to live seminars. I can also be ahead, and work faster than other students who are slower.

No comments:

Followers

What do you want to know?

My photo
Simple man with simple wants. Expensive simple wants. :) More to know when updated.